Thursday 20 February 2014

TEXTURED INSPIRATION

Textured fabrics in fashion have always been my point of interest and the main focus throughout my degree. The different effects created by using a range of fabric manipulation techniques fascinates me due to the unique outcomes. I love how no two samples can be completely identical so gives the opportunity to produce one of a kind pieces. 



Alexander McQueen is responsible for my passion in textured fashion. He was a fashion designer, famous for his extravagant, 'out there' designs. The extreme use of gathering, ruffling, ruching, embellishment and bead work, create outstanding and artistic theatrical garments. All are unique and could be considered 'over the top.' Some being elegant and poised, whilst others are daring and dark. 






McQueen's collections have encouraged and been the inspiration for my own work. Experimenting with different techniques and fabrics have enabled me to create samples which I shall later use to construct my own Alexander McQueen inspired gown. I love playing around and mixing different media's together, for example using photography in my work. I shall be blogging about my own fabric manipulations, embroidery and prints, as well as the influences and found textures that have inspired them.


Visit again soon for the next TEXTURED blog post.

Joelle
x


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment